Laughter is a small act of kindness…to yourself 🙂
“Don’t you dare laugh!”
My husband used to say this to our sons when they were pouting or crying over something. It never failed to bring a smile to their faces. Within moments, they were laughing.
Laughter heals. It’s a proven fact. When’s the last time you really laughed? Laughed till you cried? It feels really, really good. And a night out with friends who can bring on that kind of laughter is strengthening. A vital element in the healing process.
What if you don’t have friends like those?
- Watch a funny movie or television show.
- Find a comedian you enjoy. (There are videos on YouTube featuring your favorite comedian/comedienne.)
- Spend time with a favorite pet.
- Hang out with kids.
- Visit a library’s (or bookstore’s) humor section.
- Go bowling with friends (Miniature golf, swimming, etc.)
I don’t have pets, but I love to watch those funny videos…
View original post 279 more words
3 thoughts on “Healing Laughter”
I used to do this with our youngest daughter…in fact, she’s a teenager and I just did it last night! 😊 Laughter IS healing.
I need to laugh more 🙂